Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air has over 30 years of experience helping the residents of Dayton and beyond. Whether it’s a simple repair like fixing a leaky faucet or a significant issue like fixing a failed water heater, you can trust us to give you the best service at an affordable price.
Is your water heater making strange noises? Call us and ask about our water heater services before it fails.
Common Residential Plumbing Problems
When you need plumbing in your Dayton, OH home, you can count on the professionals at Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air to get the job done right the first time. Call us if you experience any of these common plumbing issues:
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Main & Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Leak Detection
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Hydro Jetting Services
- Sewer Line Repairs
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Trenchless Sewer Repair
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing and Certification
- Sump Pump Services
- Septic Tank Plumbing
- Slab Leak Repair
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Well Services
- Farm & Agricultural Plumbing
- Commercial Plumbing
Whatever plumbing issue you have, you can rely on Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air.
How to Keep Drains Clean
Many Dayton residents suffer from clogged and slow drains, and while most rely on cleaning methods like plungers, snakes, and drain cleaners, the truth is that with a little prevention, you can stop clogs from happening. Check out these handy tips:
- Use a Lint Catcher - The washing machine drain is susceptible to clogs because of the amount of lint, bits of fabric, and other debris that come out of the machine’s drain hose. To prevent this stuff from plugging up the drain, use a lint trap at the end of the drain hose.
- Use Bacteria - When we think of bacteria, we think of the stuff that makes us sick, but good bacteria are useful for breaking up hair, grease, food, and other organic matter that builds up in your drains and leads to clogs.
- Be Mindful of What Goes Down the Drain - One of the worst things you can pour down the drain is cooking grease because when warm, it runs down the drain until it cools in the pipe and solidifies. Over time, the grease builds up like cholesterol in an artery, and eventually, you have a clogged drain. The solution is to stop pouring grease down the drain and put it in the trash instead.
- Stop Hair from Going Down the Drain - Hair and soap are the primary culprits for clogs in the tub and shower, so to prevent this, use a mesh screen to prevent this stuff from going down the drain.
If you have a stubborn clog, you can’t fix no matter what you do, call a Dayton plumber like Ed Rike Plumbing Heating & Air for a fix.
Prevent a flood from damaging your property. Call us for our sump pump services to keep your home safe during heavy rains.
Why Call Us?
We know that when facing a plumbing problem, there are many residential plumbers to choose from. However, here’s why we think you’ll value our service above all the others.
- We’re a veteran-owned company
- We happily provide free estimates
- We provide same-day service
- We offer personalized options
- Our flat-rate pricing makes billing easy
- We offer 24/7 emergency help