If you smell rotten eggs in the house or feel dizzy, it may be a gas leak that’s to blame. Breathing gas in the home can be dangerous if not quickly fixed. Call Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air in the Dayton, OH area if you smell gas in your house.
If you’re tired of running out of hot water, check out our tankless water heater services in Dayton, OH, and call for an appointment.
Warning Signs You Need Gas Line Repair
If you detect even a faint scent of gas in the house, call a gas line repair company. Here are a few warning signs telling you that there is trouble with your gas line.
- Cracks - Many Dayton homes are older than 50 years, which means some contain gas lines that are cracking because of old age. If possible, inspect your gas line to see if there are any cracks.
- Hissing Sounds - As mentioned, cracks in the gas line allow gas to seep out; however, these cracks are often difficult to spot even when looking at the line. Usually, you can detect leaks by listening for escaping gas and the hissing sound it causes.
- Rust or Corrosion - Moisture shouldn’t get to your gas line, but if it does, it can cause corrosion or rust for metal pipes.
- Appliance Problems - If your gas-powered appliances fail to perform as efficiently as they used to, it could be a leak in the gas line that’s to blame.
If you notice any of these problems, call Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air, for quick and expert repairs.
Do You Need a Pro for Gas Appliance Hook Up?
If you’ve recently purchased a new gas appliance for your Dayton home and need a dedicated gas line, you’re probably wondering if you can do it yourself. Unfortunately, the answer is no, and we’re here to tell you why.
- Gas Leak Risks - The main reason you need a professional plumber for gas line installation and gas appliance hook up is that the risk of a leak from an improper installation is too high. An improperly installed gas pipe or gas appliance puts everyone in the house at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning and fire.
- Risk of Damage - If you don’t install a gas line correctly, it can affect your gas appliances’ performance and even cause damage.
If you have a gas appliance that requires installation or need a new gas line, call the experts and let them take care of it so you can rest assured the job is done right.
Don’t panic when facing a plumbing emergency. We offer 24-hour emergency service to get you out of any plumbing jam.
Factors Affecting Gas Line Installation Cost
There are a variety of factors that affect the cost to install a gas line, and here are a few to consider:
- The cost of labor and materials are the two most significant factors determining the cost of the installation.
- The contractor’s experience also plays a significant role in how much it will cost to install a new gas line in the house.