If your AC isn't working the way it should, or not at all, you need a professional who can fix it quickly. At Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air, we have over 30 years worth of experience repairing AC systems for our Dayton, OH, residents. Whether it's commercial or residential, you can count on us!
When your water heater is acting up, check out our water heater services for quick repairs.
We offer the following cooling solutions:
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Filter Replacements
- Heat Pump Services
- Commercial HVAC
When to Call an AC Contractor
Dayton area homeowners rely on their air conditioners to keep them comfortable all summer long. So, when the system exhibits signs of break down, it's essential to call for repair before the system shuts down. Here are a few signs that your AC is failing.
- Lack of Airflow — Weak airflow is one of the first symptoms an ailing AC will exhibit, and it could mean that the compressor is failing or that you have clogged ducts.
- Strange Sounds — When your AC makes squealing or grinding sounds, it usually signals that it needs replacing.
- Foul Odors — Unusual odors coming out of your AC's vents can indicate burned out wire insulation or the buildup of mold and mildew.
- Leaks — Finding moisture around your AC could point to several problems, such as a refrigerant leak or a leak in the condensate line.
Call us immediately if your AC exhibits any of the above problems.
Did You Know?
Most people take their air conditioners for granted and expect them to work when the heat arrives. Here are a few things about the average home AC unit that you may not have known
about the air conditioner that you might not know.
- It Doesn't Make Cool Air - Most people think their air conditioners create the cold, but that's not true. What happens is the AC removes the heat from the air that's inside the house via a chemical called refrigerant. The system pulls warm air out of your home, and by the process of turning the air from a gas to a liquid and then back again, the refrigerant removes the heat and makes the air cold.
- The AC Removes Humidity - By reducing the amount of humidity in the home, you feel cooler even though the temperature hasn't changed.
- Your AC Needs Maintenance - Like your car, regular maintenance is required to ensure your air conditioner runs efficiently, lasts as long as possible, and helps avoid costly breakdowns.
At Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air, we provide all of the services needed to keep your AC in the best shape. Call us when you need a repair or new AC installation.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner
To make sure your AC is ready to go when summer arrives, it's essential to maintain it like any other machine. Here's what to do to keep your AC in perfect working order.
- Change the filter at least once per month.
- Clean the coils.
- Straighten any bent fins.
- Inspect the condensate drain for clogs.
- Schedule a maintenance appointment with a professional at least once per year.
Our hydro jetting service blasts away the toughest clogs.
Why Hire Us?
Here in Dayton, OH, we know there are many AC service companies you can call for air conditioner repair. At Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air, we believe you'll come to trust us for all of your AC, heating, and plumbing needs because of what we offer, including:
- Free estimates
- Free consultations
- Same-day service
- 24/7 emergency repair
- Veteran-owned and operated