There’s no shortage of systems available for your home heating needs. From heat pumps to boilers, our knowledgeable technicians can service them all and ensure they’re working as they should. One such system we specialize in are boiler systems. Boiler systems come in a variety of models, gas or electric and we can help you with any model you might have. Call Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air in Dayton, OH today for assistance.
Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We know the best way to make you happy is to ensure that you’re comfortable in your home. We deliver on this with fast, professional, and reliable service.
Want to add a new feature to your home? Gas log fireplaces are both attractive and functional options.
Signs You Need Boiler Repair Service
Like any home heating system, there may come a time when your boiler system has a breakdown. This can be especially unpleasant because you rely on your boiler to keep you warm when it’s cold outside. Here are some red flags to identify:
- Loud noises: Boilers run fairly quietly, if you start to hear a lot of noise, it’s a good sign something is wrong. Clanking or banging noises usually indicate a worn out pump or fun. These sounds can also be a sign of sediment build-up.
- Bad smells: Gas leaks can be very dangerous. The smell of rotten eggs or sulfur is a good indication of a leak. Evacuate your home immediately then give us a call.
- High costs: A high heating bill could be a sign your boiler isn’t running efficiently. An older unit will have this problem as well.
- Lack of heat: One obvious sign your boiler isn’t working if you find yourself cold in your home. This is a sign of a breakdown. Call us today!
When to Replace Your Boiler
Energy.gov suggests replacing your boiler at around 15 years. But there are other reasons you may be looking into boiler replacement. Speaking with a boiler service company can help you decide if you need a repair or if a total overhaul is necessary.
- Frequent repairs: If you’re having to call for service often, you should consider how much you are spending on repairs. It may be more cost effective, depending on the age of your system, to replace your unit than to continue forking out money for repairs.
- Fuel costs rising: As your unit gets older, it takes more work to get you comfortable. Scale buildup can consume up to 7% more fuel.
- Yellow flames: A healthy pilot is blue. If you notice any other color, call us right away, it could be a sign of a dangerous gas leak.
Time for a new heater? Call us today for expert heater installation.
Why Work With Us
When it comes to repairs and installations in your home, you don’t want just any company handling it. We help you every step of the way including boiler maintenance. If you want a company that makes honest suggestions and gives you personalized solutions, choose us. Working with us is always hassle-free and you’ll get:
- Flat-rate pricing
- Same-day service
- Knowledgeable technicians
- A+ BBB rated company